Car Accident lawyers and injury cases are often misunderstood, in large part due to television commercials on Chicago stations showing screaming lawyers with fistfuls of cash. For most car accident victims, fistfuls of cash are the furthest thing from their mind as they focus on their recovery, getting by day to day with the pain, and wondering how they will manage all of the bills. Unfortunately, no one can go back in time to un-do the accident, but using both the legal process and medical treatments is often the best way to return life to how it was before the accident. This is what most people want after a bad accident, just go go back to how things used to be. No tv lawyers here to scream in your face. I prefer to educate my clients so that they can make the best possible decision for themselves following an accident.
How a lawyer can help you after a car accident
With all of the traffic Chicago and the suburbs, combined with bad weather in the winter, car accidents are unfortunately an everyday occurrence. We are here to help on the legal end by first evaluating your case to make sure that hiring a personal injury lawyer makes sense for you. We will talk about exactly how the accident happened and what your injuries are. Honesty is a core value at O’Connor Cadiz Law, so if we can’t help you, we will explain why and hopefully point you in the right direction. If we proceed with a case, we can help you recover payment of your medical bills and out of pocket costs, along with:
- Compensation for missed time from work (lost wages)
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of a Normal Life (how the accident changed what you can do, even if only short term)
Not only does a lawyer help you with recovering any money that you may be entitled to after a car accident, but will also
- Alleviate the stress of dealing with the insurance companies, so that you don’t have to take their phone calls anymore
- Help you evaluate the reasonable value of your claim
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Make sure that all of your medical providers are paid, so that you don’t have to write checks after the accident
- If necessary, file a lawsuit on your behalf
- If necessary, take your case to trial
If you were hurt in a car accident in or around Chicago, and the accident was someone else’s fault (or mostly someone else’s fault), get in touch with us by filling out a webform on this site or giving us a call at 630 250-8813 for a free strategy session.