I have to replace my car but I am in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy? Can I?

Things happen in life and sometimes when you least expect it, you find yourself needing a new car, maybe as the result of an accident. If you are in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you'll need approval from your trustee. Speak to your attorney about the situation as he or she will need to file a motion to incur new debt (or if you are using the same lender, you may need a motion to subsitute the collateral). Many people will first shop around for financing before bringing the motion so that the court, trustee and attorney know exactly what it is that you are looking to do. 


Carol O'Connor Cadiz
Connect with me
Attorney & Owner at O'Connor Cadiz Law: Injury & Accidents, Disability Insurance.