How Can I Divorce Someone if I don't know where they live?

Yes. There are special procedures that need to be followed but it is still entirely possible to divorce someone with whom you no longer have contact, namely through service by publication. It is straightforward but you need to make sure that all of the legal requirements are met before attempting this, or you can run into trouble with the Judge. While you can still get divorced by serving them "by publication" (in the newspaper), a divorce is all you will get but issues about property and money will not be decided. 

As with any type of a divorce case, it is still recommended that you hire an experienced attorney to work with you to maximize the gains for you. 


Carol O'Connor Cadiz
Connect with me
Attorney & Owner at O'Connor Cadiz Law: Bankruptcy, Injury, Real Estate & Mediation