After my Divorce, can I move with the children outside of the State of Illinois?

If your ex agrees to allow you to move your minor children out of state, then no problem. However, it is best to have this agreement in writing and entered with the court where you were divorced.  The visitation schedule will also likely need to be modified and can be done at the same time. But if your ex does not agree to let you move the kids to a new state, you will need court permission for their "removal" from Illinois. The court may grant this if doing so is in the best interests of the children, balanced against their disruption in the visitation schedule with the other parent. Be ready to answer how you will make sure that the relationship between your kids and the other parent does not suffer. It is best to enlist the help of a family law attorney if you are thinking about moving out of state with the kids. Carol O'Connor Cadiz can guide you in the process and discuss the specifics of your situation with you. 

Carol O'Connor Cadiz
Connect with me
Attorney & Owner at O'Connor Cadiz Law: Bankruptcy, Injury, Real Estate & Mediation