Just a few of the benefits of mediation are:
- An opportunity to be heard and to hear what your spouse has to say, in a safe, controlled environment (shouting matches are unproductive and not tolerated)
- Can lead to creative solutions that maybe no one has thought of before
- When successful, can shave time and money off of your divorce
- Gives parties a greater sense of control over the outcome of their case
- Can satisfy court orders (Judges can & will send people to mediation if there is no agreement when it comes to the kids)
- Can preserve a sense of respect and civility between the parties, which is especially important if you have to deal with this person for the rest of your life if you have kids together.
I am a trained divorce lawyer and divorce mediator (I cannot act as both on the same case). I encourage you to call my office at 630 250-8813 to schedule a time for your mediation consultation where you can have your questions answered about how mediation works, and decide whether or not I might be the right mediator for your case. What have you got to lose?